Our expert witness services offer skilled professionals with decades of in-depth, hands-on experience.
Jerry Healey is a semiconductor professional with over 25 years of experience. He has worked in both manufacturing and R&D and has been a successful private and public lecturer on the topic of Advanced CMOS processing at semiconductor manufacturing facilities and equipment suppliers all over the world. He is persuasive public speaker and is renown for his ability to make complex technical subjects appear clear and comprehensible.
Skills and Experience:
- Acted as the lead expert witness in a multibillion-dollar litigation between two major Chinese semiconductor companies (TSMC vs. SMIC).
- Conducted a detailed analysis of four generations of microchip process flows to ascertain the veracity of trade secret claims.
- Wrote a detailed report that was used by the defense describing the evolution of key processing technologies and their relevance to the disputed trade secrets.
- Testified in an eight-hour deposition as well as took the stand for three hours in Federal court in Alameda County California, to opine on the validity of specific trade secret claims.
- Examined in excess of 1,000 papers and patents in a prior art search to establish that certain trade secret claims were publicly available and/or readily ascertainable.
- Have advised numerous patent attorneys on the relevance of specific patents and their importance to investigations they were conducting.
- An award winning public speaker with excellent language skills
- A skilled and efficient researcher who can quickly identify relevant papers and patents
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of processing equipment and technologies
- An expert across 13 generations of processing technology (500 nm to 14 nm)